The Trust’s revised Charitable Donations policy, introduced in November 2011, lists what we consider supporting.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the charitable themes and sub-themes before making an application.
As a broad guide, applications are not normally provided for:
- Organisations based outside the United Kingdom
- Individuals, except through The Trust’s own training schemes
- General or mailshot appeals
- Political organisations
- Religious organisations
- Retrospective applications
- Student bodies as opposed to universities
- Departments within a university unless the appeal gains the support of, and is channelled through, the Principal
- Fee-paying schools, except through The Trust’s own Educational Grants Scheme for children who are at, or need to attend, a Scottish independent secondary school
- Expeditions, except through the auspices of recognised bodies such as the British Schools Exploring Society (BSES)
- Community and village halls other than those in Tarland and the local area