Alastrean Award Guidelines and Application Link
Applicants must follow these guidelines when submitting an application:
- Alastrean awards are those that are of a total monetary value up to £10,000 per award.
- Applications for this type of award will be reviewed every two months. The review timetable is within the monetary awards page of the website.
- Applicants will be informed of the outcome on completion of the review process.
- Applications can be made at any time and will be considered at the next review.
- Successful applicants cannot apply to the Trust again until two years after the award payment has been made.
- Unsuccessful applicants cannot apply to the Trust again until one year after notification of a rejection.
- With a multi-year award the time bar applies from the date the final installment was paid.
- Withdrawn applications will not face a time bar.
The following list of additional guidance should be reviewed by applicants before continuing:
- Do not apply for an award unless you are a registered charity in Scotland, England and Wales, or Northern Ireland.
- Our application process is now completely online and no paper copy is required.
- Please keep your application clear and concise, however you may include additional informative documentation, if this would add value to your request.
- Please review your online application carefully before submission. It may not be possible to amend the application during the process.
- Always include a covering letter to introduce your charity.
- An application can be saved in draft format and completed at a later date.
- On submission, an email acknowledgement and copy of the application will be sent to you by return.